Saturday, April 26, 2008

Scenes from a mall.

So, I took myself on a date tonight. The Android is off somewhere being manly and playing video games and ping pong and smoking a pipe (Like an actual Gandalf-lookin' pipe. I married a geek.). So, I went to the mall to stock up on yarn so I can knit things for the five million babies that are coming along in the next few months. I also went to see Baby Mama. It was cute and fluffy and not nearly as well thought out as Mean Girls was, but I love me some Tina Fey, so I'm willing to give her a pass.

Anyhoo, the theatre was packed and naturally, a group of teenage girls sit down next to me. The one closest to me (of course) is a movie talker. She peppered the ENTIRE movie with "Oh. My. God." and "Wow." and "He is so weird." and What is she wearing?" and "Seriously?".

Now normally I would have asked her to keep her comments to herself, but by the time it occurred to me we were already halfway through the movie and... well.

I digress.

Sigourney Weaver is in Baby Mama. In her first scene the girl next to me goes: "Where do I know her from?"

Are you fucking kidding me? She's Sigourney Weaver!




Also, just because mall cops have Segways now doesn't mean they aren't just mall cops.

No comments: