Sunday, November 4, 2007

Time to throw down. Or not.

My best friend had a housewarming party last night. Parties at her house are always easy, calming. I usually don't know most of the people there and therefore there's no pressure. There was only one bit of oddness - the Android's ex girlfriend was going to be there. Somehow fate thought it would be hiLARious to make her my best friend's new boss.

I took the proper precautions - I asked the Android how tall she was, and when he said he couldn't remember I decided to wear my tallest boots so I would tower over her. You know, just in case. I didn't need the boots, and since they kind of hurt my feet they came off after the initial introduction. I didn't say much to her - was I supposed to? I'm sure she's a very nice girl, but what are we supposed to discuss? His mother? Yeesh.




Other than that blip of drama, it was a lovely night. I mingled and chatted and drank cranberry juice and vodka, I sat in a circle with people I've known for a little less than a third of my life. It's funny - most of us don't get together that often, but when we are together - at someone's wedding or birthday party, or housewarming - it's like that's all there is in the world.

Sometimes you need that for a few hours.

No comments: