Thursday, October 25, 2007

Actual Conversation - Part Une

(I no longer work there. Thank God.)



Me: Group Sales, how may I help you?

Customer: I'm bringing a group to Lays Mizzerabells in August. Is that how you pronounce it?

Me: Les Miserables. Okay, what can I do for you?

C: Well, what is that show about? Is it about drag queens?

Me: Drag queens? Umm.. no... it's about the French Revolution.

C: No drag queens then? It's family friendly?

Me: Well, not exactly. I mean, it's about war... It's a really famous play - it ran on Broadway for like... forever.

C: But my senior citizens can come? They were concerned that there would be drag queens.

Me: Nope. No drag queens. Tell you what - why don't you check out the synopsis on the website. You could also Google "Les Miserables" and check it out there.

C: I'll do that! Thanks!



(I told the PR director about this and she said they might be thinking of La Cage Au Folles... 'cause, you know... they're both French.)

1 comment:

SheilaCecilia said...

i've always suspected fontine was a drag queen